Pokemon Perfection
Thank You For Logging In To Pokemon Perfect!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pokemon Perfection
Thank You For Logging In To Pokemon Perfect!
Pokemon Perfection
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Keywords

Latest topics
» Millenium Stars Malayalam Movie Songs
Subforum - RMT/BMT I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2013 12:05 am by vlaviano fernandes

» Millenium Stars Malayalam Movie Songs
Subforum - RMT/BMT I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2013 12:05 am by vlaviano fernandes

» Ativador Office 2013 365 Home Premium
Subforum - RMT/BMT I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 18, 2013 11:58 pm by vlaviano fernandes

» New Forums for PP
Subforum - RMT/BMT I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 6:43 pm by Lutra

» The Blazing Ring of Fire Gym
Subforum - RMT/BMT I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 4:51 pm by arider2010

» The Gym Leaders
Subforum - RMT/BMT I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 2:39 pm by IM26C4U

» Gym Leader Tryout Battles
Subforum - RMT/BMT I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 1:18 am by arider2010

» Gym Leaders
Subforum - RMT/BMT I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2011 10:01 pm by arider2010

» Help !! error script
Subforum - RMT/BMT I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2011 6:53 am by Crocop

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

Subforum - RMT/BMT

4 posters

Go down

Subforum - RMT/BMT Empty Subforum - RMT/BMT

Post by Batl Skard Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:38 am

I know that if tended to correctly, RMT/BMT threads and subforums can be a popular thing.

RMT stands for Rate My Team!, which is basically where someone posts thier team, how they picked it, what they did to pick it, and how they are experiencing competitive/casual play. The team is;

1) Already made with 6 members, at least either currently or in the past*
2) Tested already, in which case the user can provide feedback on what they've found.**

* The team may have started with 6 members but through testing, they have found a desire to change/transform part of the team, either by removal of parts, or by duplication of multiple team members for a different feel while maintaining the other team too.
** The team has to have gone through a predetermined amount of testing in order to be here, if it's not got through x number of battles, it's not properly tested yet. I'd say 10 might suffice?

The BMT stands for Build My Team!, which is basically the step before RMTs. The team has part* of it's 'genetic' makeup but the user doesn't know what direction to follow in. So, that's why they post.

*part should also be predetermined with guidelines, I would assume 2-3 partially made Pokemon/1-2 fully made Pokemon would count, 2-3 partially made with some vague idea of what team style, with parts of EVs/IVs/Moves/Items accounted for, 1-2 fully made meaning Items/Moveset/EVs/Ability all specified already, and a distinct decision of teamstyle.

To be here, the team is;

1) Not complete - there is not 6 Pokemon in this already, or if there are, they aren't completed and finite movesets.
2) Not Tested - Movesets themselves on one or two Pokemon might be fine to be tested, but nore 3-4 tested together for a while, unless noted.
3)Under x amount of tests - like stated before, x amount of tests gets you into the RMT Category. Now, if you have 4 tests and you know that you should change something up, than putting your team here with current Pokemon guidelines as to what stays and what goes would be accepted.

Now, somethings have overlapped and some things have not, but we can see that it's better to include things and have all situations accounted for than to have deadset specifics in one or the other. the important thing is that we can use it all for improving and helping each other out, and make the community happier with it. Besides, I already saw one RMT here already! Why not make a Subforum for it so it's organized, and things are able to be stickied there if needed without cluttering up other places? I can offer RMT/BMT examples, and guidelines for making threads. If I do make those threads though, I would ask them stickied and your thoughts on whether the example thread should be different then the guideline thread, and if the guideline thread should be different for BMT and RMTs. I'd assume having an example for BMT, RMT, and having guidelines for both is a bit long and cluttered for one thread as it is.

Your thoughts? A recap for ease;

- A Subforum for RMTs/BMTs?
-RMT meaning Rate My Team, and BMT meaning Build My Team.
If so;
- A guideline thread made, and by me?
- Example threads on both?
-Where would the example/guidelines go?

Thanks for the time =P
Batl Skard
Batl Skard

Back to top Go down

Subforum - RMT/BMT Empty Re: Subforum - RMT/BMT

Post by Trickster Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:46 pm

Sounds like a good idea i will get started on it right away. Smile
Trickster
Trickster
Admin

https://pokemonperfect.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Batl Skard Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:40 pm

Awesome! Sounds good. =)
Batl Skard
Batl Skard

Back to top Go down

Post by Paradox Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:15 pm

Alright, I hope you are active enough to work on this o;
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post by Batl Skard Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:30 am

I have a few points to bring up before I commence on this.

** The team has to have gone through a predetermined amount of testing in order to be here, if it's not got through x number of battles, it's not properly tested yet. I'd say 10 might suffice?

I posted that, hoping someone would comment. Any ideas?

*part should also be predetermined with guidelines, I would assume 2-3 partially made Pokemon/1-2 fully made Pokemon would count, 2-3 partially made with some vague idea of what team style, with parts of EVs/IVs/Moves/Items accounted for, 1-2 fully made meaning Items/Moveset/EVs/Ability all specified already, and a distinct decision of teamstyle.

I would also like any positive negative feedback here.

Having the RMT/BMT being made in the same subforums? Meaning that under some spot like Pokemon discussion you have a section for RMT/BMTs. Or having a separate subforum with RMTs having thier own section and BMT's having thier own section.

Option 1
Pokemon Community
-Pokemon Discussion
--RMT/BMT Section

Option 2
Pokemon Community
-RMT/BMT Section
--RMT [only] Section
--BMT [only] Section

Also, note that I'm not just accepting mod opinions on this. I would like all opinions on this. I know what I'm thinking of, but I don't know what anyone else is. Everyones opinions are valued here.
Batl Skard
Batl Skard

Back to top Go down

Post by swimming95 Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:58 am

The second option makes more sense imho...
Mostly because it would be much easier for users to not have to remember to say which one it is and it would be easier to find what they are looking for (wow, that sounded a lot better in my head XD)
swimming95
swimming95

Back to top Go down

Post by Batl Skard Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:02 pm

It sounds fine to me in text XD Thanks for the opinion Swim :3
Batl Skard
Batl Skard

Back to top Go down

Post by Paradox Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:15 pm

2nd Option is fine.
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post by Batl Skard Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:31 am

Well, I commenced. I added the RMT/BMT subsections along with a section for each individual one. I will write a rules section for easch one, noting that for the main section, questions/problems should be asked, and that for each subsection for the RMT/BMT's themselves, that only RMT's or BMT's can be posted. This way it keeps a concern/questions/comments section isolated from the team sections and the team sections organized well.

If no one comments on what they think should qualify for the amount of testing and the amount required for a team to be built, than I will do this myself when I get the chance.
Batl Skard
Batl Skard

Back to top Go down

Post by Paradox Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:13 pm

Alright, I'll lock this thread since there's no use to this anymore.
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post by Batl Skard Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:40 pm

I've unlocked this, because, I'm simply not done with it. Perhaps I wasn't clear but for the meantime before I get to those guideline threads, this is where I asked for peoples opinions and this is where they would say it...and no one made an opinion yet.
Batl Skard
Batl Skard

Back to top Go down

Post by Paradox Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:27 pm

Ah, alright then. I'll be sure to check by time to time.
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum